Last night’s test dinner turned out very nice: Honey Baked Ham with Roasted New Potatoes & Green Beans.
We’ll have Toasted Ham and Gruyere Sandwiches, and then Tuscan 12 Bean Soup, later in the week with the leftovers.
3 for 1, baby! (And the ham was on sale!)
(By the way, if you’re enjoying this article, you may want to subscribe to our free newsletter; we’ll send seven amazing dinner recipes and a shopping list to your inbox each week. Plus, you’ll be helping us teach nutrition, shopping, and hands-on cooking classes to at-risk teens!)
Honey Baked Ham with Roasted New Potatoes & Green Beans
Honey Baked Ham
4 servings Active Time: 10 min Total Time: 3 hr 25 min
(+ leftovers for additional menu plan meal)
- 5 lbs bone-in ham
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place ham on a rack in a foil lined roasting pan. Bake the rounded side up for one hour.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix all ingredients together. Stir until it forms a nice thick glaze.
- Rub on half of the glaze and bake for 30 minutes more. Flip the ham over and rub on remaining glaze and bake for 1 hour more. Remove from oven and allow the ham to rest for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Roasted New Potatoes & Green Beans
Active Time: 15 minutes
- 1 ½ lbs new potatoes, halved
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 5 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, more to taste
- 2 Tbs white-wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 3 Tbs crumbled Gorgonzola
- 2 Tbs finely chopped scallion greens
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Toss potatoes and green beans in a large bowl with 2 tsp oil, salt and pepper. Spread evenly on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, stirring once or twice, until the potatoes are tender and golden and the green beans are tender and browned in spots, 25 to 35 minutes.
- Whisk the remaining 3 tsp oil, vinegar and mustard in a large bowl. Stir in cheese and scallion greens.
- When the vegetables are done, toss with the dressing in the bowl. Serve warm.