Blackened Tilapia Sandwich
- 2 tbsp. sweet paprika 1 tbsp. ground thyme
- 1 tsp. onion powder 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
- 2 (6-oz. ea.) tilapia fillets 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Kaiser buns 1/4 cup mango salsa
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise 1 sprig cilantro
- 1/2 lime
Mise en Place:
In a shallow dish, combine paprika, thyme, onion powder, garlic powder, salt & red pepper. Remove skin & pit from avocado and slice the flesh. Chop the cilantro. Make the Cilantro-Lime Mayonnaise: Juice the lime. In a small bowl combine, mayonnaise, cilantro, and lime juice. Cover and chill. Butter & toast the buns.
Brush fish with oil, and sprinkle with seasoning mixture.
Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Cook fish, in batches if necessary, 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Spread Cilantro-Lime Mayonnaise on the cut side of buns. Place blackened fish on bottom half of bun, add slices of avocado, top with mango salsa, and cover with top half of bun.
Simple Tangy Coleslaw
- 1/2 lb. green cabbage
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
Heat vinegar and sugar until sugar is dissolved, allow to cool.
Toss dressing with cabbage, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, and serve immediately.
Plus, you’ll be helping us teach nutrition, shopping, and hands-on cooking classes to at-risk kids, in our MY KITCHEN Outreach Program.